Wagner Fine Arts, the realm where elegance and beauty have met. Dialogue with Irina Wagner about her business beginnings and craftmanship
Porcelain, jewelry, paintings, all are part of the Wagner universe. Its creators are two sisters, Irina and Ana Wagner who have not given up believing in emotions and stories. Irina is a graduate of Marketing, of an MBA at Open University, and currently deals with management and PR. On the other hand, Ana graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts, and from her hands are born true works of art.
- Childhood in a porcelain house: “Transylvania is my beloved place, the cradle of my family. The atmosphere from my grandparents’ house was one of peace and joy. Joy for small things, attention to tradition and beautiful things „
- At the crossroads, you innovate: “To overcome the crisis of 2008-2010, we have positioned ourselves as an up-market brand. With great sacrifices, we made a qualitative leap of faith which in the long run was in our favor „
- A craft carried to the rank of art: “We were pioneers in terms of the segment of local manufactures with brand pretensions in Romania. The values that underlie the brand are: the craft carried to the rank of art, originality in design, family and Transylvanian civilization „
A porcelain childhood in Transylvania
The Wagner sisters grew up at their grandparents’ house in Transylvania, where porcelain was highly regarded, nicknamed the white gold. The ceramic material was not missing from the tables of the aristocrats and soon made its way into the routine of family meals. „Transylvania is my beloved place of mind, the cradle of my family. The atmosphere from my grandparents’ village was one of peace and joy. Joy for the little things, attention to tradition and beauty. We were often told memories from our German and Hungarian family ancestry and about the importance of what makes us humane”.
From their Transylvanian universe, the two sisters chose different life paths. Irina started worked in the BNR Club, more precisely in the splendid plane tree’s park in Cotroceni. Everything was as good as could be, but something intervened after 5 years. “Towards the end of my contract, I was working in the finance department and I received the proposal to join the BNR Finance Department as an economist. This opportunity discouraged me because it implied a lot of routine work. I am an extremely creative person and I always prefer going to the area where I can capitalize on this „, said Irina Wagner.
The Wagner universe is taking shape
The fact that Irina was working in the banking field and Ana in the artistic field was not an impediment. Since college, Irina has been close to her sister and has organized exhibitions for her. The two of them complement each other exemplary, which can be seen in the brand they created in 2005. “We have been pioneers in terms of the segment of local manufactures with brand ambitions in Romania. The values that underlie the brand are: the craft carried to the rank of art, originality in design, family and Transylvanian civilization „. The objects made at Wagner Fine Arts are stories inscribed on porcelain. In their creation, hand painting overglaze is used, a technique that has its origins in Ancient China, which arrived in Europe in the 18th century. Irina and Ana did not limit themselves only to doing business, but they undertook the mission of educating the public. „We want to bring art and the artist in the right place because artistic expression is the triumph of freedom. In our classes we explain to children and adults this craft of hand painting on porcelain „, Irina Wagner details.
Ultimele postari ale lui Gabriel Păun (vezi toate)
- Wagner Fine Arts, the realm where elegance and beauty have met. Dialogue with Irina Wagner about her business beginnings and craftmanship - 23-10-2020
- Adservio, the platform that contributes to the digitalization of Romanian education. Alexandru Holicov: „If we want a smart country, then we must have a smart education system” - 23-10-2020
- Luviane: a journey into the sweet universe of scents. Iulia-Victoria Neagoe: „Perfumery is a form of art and a way of life - 23-10-2020